Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Study Time!

As an athlete here at TU sometimes it can be a little hard to find times to study as much as others do. In fact an athlete will never have the same study time as a regular student during their season of sport. That does not mean that it is impossible to get all of your work done, make a good grade and still play sports, it just means that you will have to put a little extra effort into your studies.

Isn't that a wonderful site??
Personally as a football player here at Trinity we have practice Tuesday-Thursday from 3:00-7:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Then on Saturdays we have our game and Sunday we have weights and conditioning from 3:00-5:30 p.m. Football does take up a lot of time but if you can manage your time correctly then you should have no trouble getting everything you need to get done. For me, I scheduled all my classes to be over by 12:30 everyday so that leaves between 12:30 and 2:45 to do homework or study or any other work I have. After practice I start homework at around 8:00 p.m. until usually about 11:00 or 12:00 a.m. I believe it is very important to get a good nights rest to be able to function properly the next day so I try to get at least 7 per night.

As for most first years, I have found reading to be the most strenuous and time consuming so start off your homework with that. Some people, including me, rank their homework from hardest to easiest so once you have them ranked start with the hardest. Trust me later down the line you'll be glad that all you have left is a couple math problems or just 2 pages of reading. If you ever fell like you are falling behind or need extra help, see your professor! He/She would be glad to help, i guarantee it!


Creative Commons License
Study by Taylor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment